As we all begin to think about re-emerging more fully into our lives, we want to express our gratitude to all our patients. Thank you for your patience and loyalty during the COVID-19 crisis. Throughout this life-altering experience, we have seen so many examples of humanity, grace and community. At AONE, we have worked hard to create a “new normal” orthopedic care experience that meets high quality care and safety office standards.
During this crisis, we limited care to telemedicine visits, restricting office visits for urgent problems. Beginning June 1st, we have added additional hours in our office locations for in-person visits, keeping in mind we must always adhere to social distancing guidelines. We will continue to offer telemedicine visits; however, we recognize that providing the best orthopedic care may require an in-office visit.
There is nothing more important to us than the health of our patients and staff. Over the past few months, we developed practice policies that mirror the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), State Department of Public Health (DPH) and our local hospital and ambulatory surgical center affiliates. Below are some key examples of the practice policy enhancements we have made to provide an environment that supports the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. We are confident our ongoing efforts provide a responsible COVID-19 environment for all those that come to our office. We have been certified by the state for COVID-19 prevention.
- Daily symptom screening for all employees
- A commitment to ensure any staff member that exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, or has experienced a high-risk exposure, is asked to remain at home until testing and return to work protocols are met
- All patients and visitors must complete a COVID-19 symptom and risk exposure questionnaire
- A commitment to an environment that supports social distancing and limited prolonged contact
- Enhanced access to PPE (personal protective equipment) and a commitment to enforcing our policies
- Face masks must be worn throughout the building by all physicians, physician assistants, staff, patients and visitors when social distancing requirements cannot always be met
- Reinforced proper handwashing techniques and access to hand sanitizer
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces and equipment with COVID-19 EPA approved products
- Management safety rounds to ensure proper oversight, ongoing education and insights into our daily practice. These rounds will allow our practice to further develop policy enhancements. AONE is committed to continually improve on our efforts to provide an environment that supports the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
We continue to provide quality care for your urgent injuries or chronic orthopedic conditions. We are actively scheduling urgent and elective surgeries for our patients. We are following strict COVID-19 testing protocols for all our patients prior to having surgery.
Please know we are committed to our patients and all those who enter our practice. If you have any questions or concerns about our policies, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to offer additional information and answers to questions that may help you.
Thank you for your trust.
Best wishes for health and safety,
All Physicians, Physician Assistants and Staff
Advanced Orthopedics New England