Surgery of the Foot and Ankle
Undergraduate: Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA
Major: Biochemistry, Philosophy
Boston University Boston, MA
Medical School: New York Medical College Valhalla, NY
Internship: Alpert Medical School at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Providence, Rhode Island
General Surgery Internship
Residency: Alpert Medical School at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Providence, Rhode Island
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Chief Resident, Outpatient Clinical Services 07/2015-06/2016
Fellowship: Alpert Medical School at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Providence, Rhode Island
Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
Baylor University Medical Center Dallas, Texas
Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Fellowship
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Junior Inductee May 2010
- New York Medical College Department of Orthopedic Surgery Award May 2011
- The Dr. and Mrs. David Harrison Award at New York Medical College May 2011 (Third highest academic average)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Resident Scholar Sept 2014
- Haffenreffer House Staff Excellence Award May 2016 Awarded to five graduating residents or fellows at Rhode Island Hospital who best exemplify clinical service, leadership, professionalism, and scholarly activity
- Parekh Family Foundation Resident Scholar Scholarship awarded to travel and present at the Indo-American Foot and Ankle Jan 2017 Conference in Chennai, India
- Jason T. Bariteau, Amanda Fantry, Brad Blankenhorn, Craig Lareau, David Paller, Christopher W. Digiovanni. A Biomechanical Evaluation of Locked Plating for Distal Fibula Fractures in an Osteoporotic Sawbone Model. Foot Ankle Surg. 2014 Mar;20(1):44-7.
- Amanda Fantry, Gregory Elia, Bryan Vopat, Alan Daniels. Distal Femoral Complications Following Antegrade Intramedullary Nail Placement. Orthop Rev. 2015 Mar24; 7(1): 5820.
- J. Mason DePasse, Amanda Fantry, Ray Hsu. Subtle Anterior Subtalar Dislocation: Case Report. Accepted to American Journal of Emergency Medicine. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Jul 30. pii: S0735-6757(15)00626-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2015.07.070
- Melissa Christino, Amanda Fantry, Bryan Vopat. Psychological Aspects of Recovery Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2015. Aug;23(8):501-509.
- Craig Lareau, Matthew Deren, Amanda Fantry, Rafe M.J. Donahue, Christopher W. Digiovanni. Does Autogenous Bone Graft Work? A Logistic Regression Analysis of Data from 159 Papers in the Foot and Ankle Literature. Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Sep; 21(3):150-9.
- Bryan Vopat, Craig Lareau, Rohit Sangal, Amanda Fantry, Brad Blankenhorn. Use of a Pneumatic Limb Positioner For Invasive Skeletal Traction in Posterior Hindfoot Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy Techniques. 2015 Oct;4(5):e417-e422.
- Amanda Fantry, Craig Lareau, Bryan Vopat, Brad Blankenhorn. Treatment of a Bimalleolar Supination External Rotation Ankle Fracture with Tibialis Posterior Tendon Entrapment within a Posterior Malleolus Fragment: Case Report. Am J Orthop. 2016 Mar/Apr E103-E107.
- Amanda Fantry. Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say. JAMA, A Piece of My Mind. 2016 Apr 5;315(13):1337-1338. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.18910.
- Jason T. Bariteau, Amanda Fantry, Shay Tenenbaum. Selective Fusions for Primary Midfoot Osteoarthritis. Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery. 2016 Jun; 15(2):74-78.
- Josh Vaughn, Heather Gotha, Eric Cohen, Amanda Fantry, Ross Feller, J VanMeter, Roman Hayda, and Christopher Born. Efficacy of Nail Dynamization for Delayed Union and Nonunion for Femur and Tibia Fractures. Orthopedics. 2016 Nov 1;39(6):e1117-e1123. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20160819-01
- Amanda Fantry, Seth O’Donnell, Ross Feller, Scott Ritterman, Roman Hayda, Christopher Born. Deep Infections Following Syndesmotic Fixation with a TightRope: A Case Series. Orthopedics. 2017 Jan 5:1-5.
- Ross Feller, Todd Borenstein, Amanda Fantry, Roy Kellum, Jason Machan, Brad Blankenhorn, Florian Nickisch. Arthroscopic Quantification of Syndesmotic Instability in a Cadaveric Model. Arthroscopy. 2017 Feb;33(2):436-444. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2016.11.008.
- Julie Katarincic, Amanda Fantry, Mason DePasse, Ross Feller. Local Modalities for Preventing Surgical Site Infection: An Evidence Based Review.
- Mason DePasse¸ Rachel Sargent, Amanda Fantry, Steve Bokshan, Mark Palumbo, Alan Daniels. Assessment of Malpractice Claims due to Acute Compartment Syndrome. 2017 Jun;25(6):e109-e113. Doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-16-00460.
- Amanda Fantry, Andrew Sobel, Nicholas Capito, Tyler Pidgeon, Jonathan Hodax, Sarath Koruprolu, Andrew Green, Scott Paxton. Biomechanical Assesment of Locking Plate Fixation of Comminuted Proximal Olecranon Fractures. Accepted to JOT 3/2018.
- B Ahearn, I Gao, A Fantry, S Tenenbaum, J Bariteau. Biomechanical Evaluation of Fixation of Low Transverse Distal Fibula Fractures. Podium presentation. Southern Orthopaedic Association Annual Meting, Hilton Head, SC. June 2017.
- M DePasse¸ R Sargent, A Fantry, S Bokshan, M Palumbo, A Daniels. Assessment of Malpractice Claims due to Acute Compartment Syndrome. Podium presentation. AAOS Annual Meeting, San Diego, March 2017.
- R Feller, T Borenstein, A Fantry, R Kellum, J Machan, B Blankenhorn, F Nickisch. A Comparison of Radiography and Arthroscopy in Syndesmotic Injury in a Sequential Ligament Transection Model. Podium presentation. AANA National Meeting, Boston, April 2016.
- A Fantry, R Feller, T Borenstein, B Blankenhorn et al. Arthroscopy to Identify Subtle Syndesmotic Injury: A Cadaveric Study. Podium Presentation. American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Annual Meeting, Long Beach CA, 2015.
- A Fantry, H Gotha, S Koruprolu, C Lareau. Evaluation of Lisfranc Joint Reduction Using Motion Tracking Software with Varying Clamp Positions. Poster presentation. American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Annual Meeting, Long Beach CA, 2015.
- A Fantry, I Rodway, L Li, J Martha, T Katz, C Schwartz, D Hunter, D Kim. Clinical Efficacy of Triggered EMG Testing of Lumbar Pedicle Screws. Poster presentation. North American Spine Society Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2009.
- W Fernandez, S Galeo, C Rebholz, D Smith, H Bullock, A Fantry, K Markham, D Balakrishnan, M Flommenbaum. Poster presentation. Drugs and Firearm Deaths in Massachusetts, 2000-2005. American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Washington DC, 2007.
Women in Medicine:
- Boston College Women’s Summit: OWN IT. “Women in Medicine: How to Get There, How to Be There, How to Own It.” April 2016 Summit.
- Amanda Fantry. No Apologies. Brown Medicine Magazine. Fall 2016. http://www.brownmedicinemagazine.org/blog/no-apologies
- Amanda Fantry. “Who am I? Who are You?” Speaker on orthopedic surgery and women in medicine at Beaver Country Day High School, Newton, MA. December 2016.
A Fantry, R Kamal, R Terek. Musculoskeletal Tumor and Pathology. Thieme, 2015.
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Boston, MA 2006
Mentor: William Fernandez, MD, MPH
Master’s Thesis: Retrospective Chart Review of Firearm Deaths in MA from 2000-2005
New England Baptist Hospital 2008
Department of Spine Surgery
Mentor: David Kim, MD
Clinical Efficacy of Intraoperative Triggered EMG Testing of Lumbar Pedicle Screws.
Brown University – Warren Alpert School of Medicine 2011 –2016
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Anatomy of the foot and ankle. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Providence, RI, 2012.
- Lower Extremity Fracture Management and Casting. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Providence, RI, 2013.
- Cervical Spine Anatomy and Physical Exam. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Providence, RI 2014.
- Orthopedic Infections: Evidence versus Folklore. Grand Rounds presentation, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Providence, RI 2015.