Surgery of the Foot and Ankle
Dr. Fantry believes that orthopedic patients are an exceptionally diverse group and vary widely in age, activity level, and goals of care. She aims to spend each office visit learning about her patients, their interests, and how she can best restore their function and mobility. Whether the goal is to run a marathon or simply take a painless walk around the block, she uses both nonoperative and surgical modalities to improve symptoms and treat foot and ankle problems. She wants each patient to understand their condition, how it developed, and what their treatment options are in order to make a well-informed decision about the best treatment plan. She treats all foot and ankle pathology including arthritis, heel pain, bunions and hammertoes, complex hindfoot deformities, sports injuries including ankle sprains, Jones fractures, Achilles tendon injuries, and any fractures or trauma.
Offices: Bloomfield, Enfield, Rocky Hill
Undergraduate: Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA
Major: Biochemistry, Philosophy
Boston University Boston, MA
Medical School: New York Medical College Valhalla, NY
Internship: Alpert Medical School at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Providence, Rhode Island
General Surgery Internship
Residency: Alpert Medical School at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Providence, Rhode Island
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Chief Resident, Outpatient Clinical Services 07/2015-06/2016
Fellowship: Alpert Medical School at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Providence, Rhode Island
Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
Baylor University Medical Center Dallas, Texas
Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Fellowship
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Junior Inductee May 2010
- New York Medical College Department of Orthopedic Surgery Award May 2011
- The Dr. and Mrs. David Harrison Award at New York Medical College May 2011 (Third highest academic average)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Resident Scholar Sept 2014
- Haffenreffer House Staff Excellence Award May 2016 Awarded to five graduating residents or fellows at Rhode Island Hospital who best exemplify clinical service, leadership, professionalism, and scholarly activity
- Parekh Family Foundation Resident Scholar Scholarship awarded to travel and present at the Indo-American Foot and Ankle Jan 2017 Conference in Chennai, India
- Jason T. Bariteau, Amanda Fantry, Brad Blankenhorn, Craig Lareau, David Paller, Christopher W. Digiovanni. A Biomechanical Evaluation of Locked Plating for Distal Fibula Fractures in an Osteoporotic Sawbone Model. Foot Ankle Surg. 2014 Mar;20(1):44-7.
- Amanda Fantry, Gregory Elia, Bryan Vopat, Alan Daniels. Distal Femoral Complications Following Antegrade Intramedullary Nail Placement. Orthop Rev. 2015 Mar24; 7(1): 5820.
- J. Mason DePasse, Amanda Fantry, Ray Hsu. Subtle Anterior Subtalar Dislocation: Case Report. Accepted to American Journal of Emergency Medicine. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Jul 30. pii: S0735-6757(15)00626-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2015.07.070
- Melissa Christino, Amanda Fantry, Bryan Vopat. Psychological Aspects of Recovery Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2015. Aug;23(8):501-509.
- Craig Lareau, Matthew Deren, Amanda Fantry, Rafe M.J. Donahue, Christopher W. Digiovanni. Does Autogenous Bone Graft Work? A Logistic Regression Analysis of Data from 159 Papers in the Foot and Ankle Literature. Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Sep; 21(3):150-9.
- Bryan Vopat, Craig Lareau, Rohit Sangal, Amanda Fantry, Brad Blankenhorn. Use of a Pneumatic Limb Positioner For Invasive Skeletal Traction in Posterior Hindfoot Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy Techniques. 2015 Oct;4(5):e417-e422.
- Amanda Fantry, Craig Lareau, Bryan Vopat, Brad Blankenhorn. Treatment of a Bimalleolar Supination External Rotation Ankle Fracture with Tibialis Posterior Tendon Entrapment within a Posterior Malleolus Fragment: Case Report. Am J Orthop. 2016 Mar/Apr E103-E107.
- Amanda Fantry. Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say. JAMA, A Piece of My Mind. 2016 Apr 5;315(13):1337-1338. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.18910.
- Jason T. Bariteau, Amanda Fantry, Shay Tenenbaum. Selective Fusions for Primary Midfoot Osteoarthritis. Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery. 2016 Jun; 15(2):74-78.
- Josh Vaughn, Heather Gotha, Eric Cohen, Amanda Fantry, Ross Feller, J VanMeter, Roman Hayda, and Christopher Born. Efficacy of Nail Dynamization for Delayed Union and Nonunion for Femur and Tibia Fractures. Orthopedics. 2016 Nov 1;39(6):e1117-e1123. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20160819-01
- Amanda Fantry, Seth O’Donnell, Ross Feller, Scott Ritterman, Roman Hayda, Christopher Born. Deep Infections Following Syndesmotic Fixation with a TightRope: A Case Series. Orthopedics. 2017 Jan 5:1-5.
- Ross Feller, Todd Borenstein, Amanda Fantry, Roy Kellum, Jason Machan, Brad Blankenhorn, Florian Nickisch. Arthroscopic Quantification of Syndesmotic Instability in a Cadaveric Model. Arthroscopy. 2017 Feb;33(2):436-444. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2016.11.008.
- Julie Katarincic, Amanda Fantry, Mason DePasse, Ross Feller. Local Modalities for Preventing Surgical Site Infection: An Evidence Based Review.
- Mason DePasse¸ Rachel Sargent, Amanda Fantry, Steve Bokshan, Mark Palumbo, Alan Daniels. Assessment of Malpractice Claims due to Acute Compartment Syndrome. 2017 Jun;25(6):e109-e113. Doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-16-00460.
- Amanda Fantry, Andrew Sobel, Nicholas Capito, Tyler Pidgeon, Jonathan Hodax, Sarath Koruprolu, Andrew Green, Scott Paxton. Biomechanical Assesment of Locking Plate Fixation of Comminuted Proximal Olecranon Fractures. Accepted to JOT 3/2018.
Book an appointmentPatient Form